My greatest apologies to Erin for forgettigng this!
I was nominated last week for the Best blogging Buddies award by Erin of the Upstairs Archives, and i feel very bad for forgetting this.
In my defense, it takes ages to answer and come up with 15 questions, let alone nominate people.
The rules are as follows.
1) You must make a post to show your award on your main blog.
2) You must tag the person who nominated you in your post.
3) You must nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated, for this award.
4) You must ask your buddies at least 15 questions on your post.
5) You must answer all of the questions your buddies ask you. On your post.
First, I shall answer Erin’s questions.
1. If society was clipped up Divergent-style and you had to pick a faction, which of these factions would you choose: Truth Seekers (scholars, archaeologists and explorers), Protectors (military and police forces), Aristocracy (leaders and rulers), or Underworld (spies, black-ops units)?
Hmmm…. okay, first off, that would be an awesome world. Second, I’d probably be in the underworld, because I can see that as being a kind of combination of the other factions you listed.
2. Are you more like Sherlock or Mycroft Holmes? (Be honest and objective! :-P)
Your’e annoying. If i was brutally honest, I’d have to say I can be a tad more like Mycroft from time to time, but I don’t like sitting behind a desk (excluding all blogging and writing commitments 😛 ) and would rather be in the middle of the action.
3. For the library aficionados, what book do you not own that you would like to read again?
King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. I was just about to head over and request it because my closest library doesn’t have it so it will have to be sent from another library in the metro system.
4. If you could re-write any pop culture catchphrase, which one would you re-write and what would it mean in its new form? 😉
Uhg… umnmm… I’d rewrite “When life gives you lemons make lemonade” to “when life gives you lemons it means you’re doing something right.” i hope that answers the question…
5. What’s your number one underdeveloped character in a published work? (I mean, who is your favorite character that you wish the author had developed more?)
Hmm… I have a favorite background character who needs a spin-off, but I feel like she was fairly well developed… ummm… I think maybe Arya from the Inheritance cycle. It could just be because we only really saw her from Eragon’s POV, and he mooned over her like a love sick puppy, so I felt like I didn’t know her as well as the other characters.
6. Frozen or Rise of the Guardians? Why?
Frozen. I adore any movie that gives me a plot twist i never saw coming. Rise of the Guardians is amazing (hello, huge Jelsa shipper right here) but I love rewatching Frozen even more then RotG.
7. Tangled or Brave? Why?
You’re really annoying, you know that? gah! I’d have to say Brave because A) Celtic soundtrack. Total win there B) Though Merida was impetuous and didn’t stop to think, she wasn’t as naive Rapunzel, and I like characters that are head strong.
8. Do you prefer birdwatching or stargazing? Why?
Hmm… well, I don’t often do either, but I’d have to say stargazing. I love the stars, and the idea of space… I did an independent study on astronomy when I was 11, and i still have a fascination with that great expanse. Also, it’s much easier for me to pick out stars and constellations (when i know what I’m looking for) then birds. It takes me like five minutes to see one that my friends or sister spotted ages ago.
9. Favorite Lion King character and song!
Ahg! You are so dead for doing this to me!!!!! I always liked Nola… Simba was just too… too much of a boy. Favorite song is Be Prepared. My first ever CD that I owned was the Lion King soundtrack. I got it when I was like 5 or 6, and me and my sister would climb all over our room and the furniture and would pretend to be lions. Be Prepared was our favorite one to act out for some weird reason.
10. When you’re about to leave the house, what’s the first thing you grab?
11. Do you prefer the forest, mountains, or ocean?
I shall say mountains, because I feel like most mountains have forests, so I can cheat and give two answers. 😛
12. Do you sing in the shower?
Yeah, ummm… NO! I am one of the normal people who don’t do that.
13. Gardening or fiber crafts (sewing, knitting, embroidery, crochet) or sports? Favorite sport?
SPORTS!!!! RUNNING!!!! YES!!!
favorite sport to do, running or soccer. Favorite sport to watch, Baseball.
14. Do you have a particular official spot where you hang out with friends? (Mine was the library in my hometown. Now it looks like being Barnes&Noble, since it’s close to the university…)
hmm… here, i guess the airport where i have CAP since my fellow cadets are the closest people I have to friends at the moment. Before I moved, I’d probably have to say my church basement.
15. Apples, oranges, grapes, or strawberries?
*whispers in sinister voice* Strawberries… 😀
Now, my questions for the nominees!
1. Do you like running?
2. Football or football?
3. SAT or ACT? Or, are you from where those aren’t required for college?
4. Royals or Giants?
5. Music or dancing?
6. Breakfast or supper?
7. would you rather go traveling with a dwarf or an elf?
8. East or West?
9. North or South?
10. Quiz or Test?
11. Nose or Mouth?
12. did you notice I rhymed the last 4 questions?
13. Do you now feel silly for not noticing?
14. Do you like the #7?
15. What is your opinion on hashtags (#)?
And now my nominees are… *drum roll*
Seriously guys, i don’t have time to go nominate people right now, so do me a favor and accept this nomination so I don’t have to go and waste an hour of my life nominating people when I should be studying about the different orders of bird, or how to find x.
If you do reply to the nomination, please link to your blog in here in the comments so I can go see your answers!
P.S. PLEASE answer questions #4 for me!!!! Even if it’s just in the comments, i would love to know who you’re rooting for this World Series. 🙂